Friday, February 13, 2015

Cocoa-Coated Popcorn


I've never been much for making plans on Valentine's Day. I feel the same way about New Year's Eve. There's something about those holidays that involve the expectation/pressure of going out when I'd prefer a cozy meal at home over a crowded restaurant or bar. I'm thinking we'll stay in, watch a movie, and I'll shake up a batch of this cocoa-dusted popcorn. It reminds me of the Cinerama, our favorite movie theater in Seattle, where they serve a similar chocolate popcorn that smells just like brownies baking. So Valentine's Day isn't all bad. It does give me a reasonable excuse to eat chocolate.

Cocoa-Coated Popcorn
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray

1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons superfine sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Kosher salt

In a large saucepan, stir together the oil and popcorn kernels. Cover and pop kernels over medium heat. In a bowl, combine the cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over warm popcorn; gently mix to coat. Add salt to taste.

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I've never tried chocolate popcorn before but it sounds amazing! I think I'll try it out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips