Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Frocktails: Gone Green


I had to go with green for this month's frocktail. I'm aware a Moscow mule isn't much of an Irish drink, but it does have a nice lime hue, and it involves ginger in honor of all you redheads out there. It's one of my favorites, such a simple drink to mix up, and the ginger and lime give it a nice zesty bite. While I do wish I had a set of those beautiful copper Moscow mule mugs, a Collins glass works nicely too.

The dress is from J.Crew. It's a simple green sheath, but the neckline has this gorgeous origami-style detailing that really makes it a stand-out.

Moscow Mule

juice of half a lime
2 oz. vodka
5 oz. of your favorite ginger beer
1/2 oz. simple syrup
ice

Squeeze juice from half a lime into glass. Add ice, then vodka, ginger beer and simple syrup. Give a quick stir and garnish with lime, mint, candied ginger or all three. Serves one.

J.Crew dress found here. (Unfortunately the green is sold-out online.) Frocktails is a monthly feature for fashion and libation inspiration. See past pairings.

9 comments:

  1. love the dress, the drink, + your nails. of course i also love all shout outs to gingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your dress!! I happen to have a J.Crew coupon I might have splurge on it with!

    No lie...A Moscow Mule was an answer on Jeopardy the other night and I was like "What is that?" It sounds yummy!!! I'll have to order one some day or make it myself!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! I love ginger beer.

    Bevin
    magnoliareverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun feature :) Love your nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when it's Frocktail time! Mules are one of my favorite cocktails, especially in the summer. So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shade of green and the style of the dress. Haven't had a Moscow Mule in many a long year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pairing of the dress with the cocktail, this is one of my all-time favorite cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a divine pairing–and a fabulous cocktail!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips