Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lemons, Poppy Seeds and Wimpy Doughnuts


The combination of lemons and poppy seeds is like edible happiness for me. So when I pinned this doughnut recipe months back, I knew I'd eventually break down and make them. It was my first time using a doughnut pan, and I don't think they turned out quite right, probably human error. They didn't puff up. They were just sad and skinny, and doughnuts should be fat and happy ... like the people who eat them.

All that to say, I didn't really mind. They were still delicious, just not very doughnut-like. The consistency was actually a lot like these muffins, which are also delicious. So I'd say, give them a try, maybe you'll have better luck. And remember, if life gives you lemons, make a lemon glaze, pour it over anything and life will be all right.

[recipe courtesy of: The Novice Chef]

5 comments:

  1. Wow those look super yummy! I wish I had one right now! =)

    Lemanie's Randomness Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look good. Try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon poppy seed muffins with holes in them still sound pretty delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh-ee these sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips