Monday, October 11, 2010

Guest Post: A Stone's Throw Away

Sunday afternoons

cappuccinos for dessert

lovely blooms on an afternoon walk

berry picking

I'm pretty sure that Caroline of Coeur de La and I are kindred spirits when it comes to food. Every restaurant, cafe,  farmers' market and homemade dish she captures makes me wish I was there sharing a meal with her.
***
I am an avid reader of The SoHo
and
why hello SoHo readers.
I love asking people why they love where they live?
...
The answers are always so surprising
and often,
shed insight into who they are.
And,
that is exactly what I am going to share with you
four reasons why I love where I live.
So,
without further ado
...
I love that I am a stones throws away from the ocean.
Ok, maybe not a stones throw away but close enough
(twenty minutes)
to allow for relaxing Sunday afternoons.
I am an avid cappuccino drinker
and
have yet to find one like the cappuccino from my neighborhood cafe.
The ratio of foam to espresso is perfect.
One barista in particular makes
light,
fluffy foam,
that is to die for.
I crave these at random points in my day
and
if I could have any dessert
it would be one of these cappuccinos.
Afternoon walks are one of my favorite simple pleasures
and it just so happens
that there are gorgeous flowers to photograph and admire in my neck of the woods.
And last but not least,
rather than going shopping for clothes or shoes
I am a girl that loves a good U-Pick
and
luckily I can hop in my car and get to one
in a matter of minutes.
Can Berry Picking be a hobby?!
So sweet friends,
I encourage you to go out into your neighborhood and explore.
Find the simple things that make you happy
because
life is grand ... keep it simple.
BISOUS

-Caroline of Coeur de La

2 comments:

  1. this post is so full of lovely things, I don't even know what to comment on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you both- this post was so much fun to read :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips